Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spawn : Week 5

Shot this video this week of this male being very aggressive and not letting the camera bother his duties of guarding the bed. At one point the fish comes right up to the camera. Overall the fishing was good for bass and the fish are aggressively feeding/attacking anything that comes around their beds.  I hooked and broke one bass off on Tuesday and after a little coaxing hooked it again on Thursday and was able to get my fly back. Did I say the fish are aggressive!! I fished the river on Saturday, not sure what was going on there but the fish where in a funk and I couldn't buy to many bites. I caught some small catfish and a drum. Drum are probably one of my favorite off species of fish to catch, they hit hard and fight great. I also caught this softshell turtle, that's a first for me. 







4 comments:

  1. Casey
    Awesome video, just joined your blog. I am really into warm water fly fishing and your blog hits the mark. Thanks for sharing---Bill at Fishing Through Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bill, I'm glad you like the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, your video made its way to Moldychum. Strong work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks man, I got lucky with everything coming together. we need to go fish soon. they have been releasing water at DD 24-7 for the past week.

    ReplyDelete