Sunday, October 26, 2014

3 Hog Day


The morning started off with a fish smacking bait in a seam. After several cast with a crease fly this nice striper got his lip pierced. Rainy's Taco Pescado is my favorite crease fly, they are very durable and the fish like them. After that the fish just didn't want to cooperate. I did sight cast to a nice size drum that I broke off on the hook set. Its always cool spotting a fish and watching him take the fly. I had 3 hogs step out of the brush about 50 yards away, they stared at me for a few minutes and then walked back into the brush.


Its been a while since I've caught a buffalo, man what an incredibly dumb fish these things are. I can respect almost every fish out there. But these things are just beyond saving. They don't fight, their slimy as all get out, there so dumb you can practically just sit there and poke them with your rod tip. I think alligator gar like to feed on them so at least they have some purpose. 



No comments:

Post a Comment