Monday, December 22, 2014

Wrapping up 2014

2014 is getting wrapped up and what a year it was. Caught some great fish including my personal best striper, brought some new species like muskie, pike and amberjack to hand. Got to travel to Costa Rica and Alaska. And lastly got to fish with a lot of great people. Not to mention I got to share all this with the readers of this blog.

2015 I'm gunna stay close to home and decided I am going to feature Texas and the great fishing opportunities this state has. Its going to be the "Tour of Texas" and the plan will be to fish/feature 2-3 fisheries per month. I have one trip already planned to Louisiana but other than that I am going to try to keep all the other trips in Texas. Probably wont have time for much else looking at the schedule.

Plans already in the making will be:
-Chain pickerel
-Winter time bass fishing on East Texas power plant lakes
-Texas trout stocking program
-The spring white bass run
-Lake Dunlap (a sleeper bass lake)
-Baffin Bay trophy speckled trout
-Kayak fly fishing BTB and surf fishing PINS(Padre Island Natural Seashore)
-Port O'Conner Offshore
-Brazos River
-Colorado River
-Guadalupe River
- Llano River
-Comal River (Texas' shortest river)
-Port Isabel snook and tarpon (yes Texas has snook)
-Lake Texoma stripers and smallmouth bass
-Red River Gar
-Caddo Lake (Texas' only natural lake)
-Lake Fork
-Possibly a long range tuna trip to Boomvang and Nansen

I need to try to find a place I can target gator gar..... Anyone have any suggestions?

Really just scratching the surface for what Texas has to offer regarding some of its great fisheries. I probably wont have time to hit the Devils River or the Pecos River but hopefully I will be able to highlight some of the better waters and guides/outfitters across the Lone Star State.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years. I will be posting shortly after the first of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment