Monday, January 2, 2017

Knots: San Diego Jam

Going to go over a few knots that I use frequently. First is the San Diego Jam. I started using this knot when I switched over to fluorocarbon. Fluorocarbon weakens significantly when it heats up from friction knots like the clinch knot. I have also noticed it seems to weaken with knots that pinch down on the line like the perfection loop. I primarily use the San Diego Jam on 8lb-20lb leaders. I have had nearly zero failure with this knot. It also is a great knot for the attaching a trailer fly to the bend of the hook of your lead fly. With a little bit of wiggling you can loosen this knot up and slid it off bend of the hook if you want to remove the trailer fly.  Only complaint is it does use up more leader than some of your other knots. Give it a try I think it will quickly become one of your favorite knots.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment